Getting from Mljet to Lumbarda (Korcula Island)
From Mljet to Korcula Island and Lumbarda:
If you are visiting Mljet National Park and would like to visit Lumbarda too, here are some transport recommendations:
There are two ways you can reach Lumbarda from Mljet Island (info) – either crossing by ferry if you are foot passenger or crossing to mainland and driving along the coast via Prapratno and Orebic on Peljesac if you are coming by car.
Once on the Korcula Island, see here how to proceed to Lumbarda.
Foot Passengers from Mljet to Korcula island and Lumbarda
There are two ferry companies that operate ferries from Mljet to Korcula:
Kapetan Luka (Krilo) Ferries:
Kapetan Luka operates two ferry catamarans from Mljet to Korčula Island:
- The first route runs from Pomena port on Mljet to Korčula Town and proceeding further via Hvar and Brač (Milna) to Split; this route operates from May to October, departing from Pomena on Mljet island daily at 5.50 pm and arriving in Korčula Town at 6.20 pm. Ticket prices are 80 HRK one way. See the timetable here.
- The second route runs from Sobra port on Mljet to Korčula Town and proceeding further to Makarska, Brač Island (Bol) and Split; this route operates daily from June to September, departing from Sobra on Mljet daily at 5:40 pm and arriving in Korčula Town at 6 pm. Ticket prices are 80 HRK one way.
G&V Line Ferries:
- G&V Line operates a foot-passenger catamaran ferry during July and August from ports of Sobra and Polace on Mljet island to Korčula. On certain days it goes back and on some days it proceeds to Lastovo island. The route departs from Mljet several times a week at 9 and 9:50 am and arriving in Korčula Town at 10:45 am or 11:15 am. Ticket prices are 50 or 60 HRK one way depending on the port of departure. See the timetable here.
Where to buy your tickets?
- You can buy your tickets for Kapetan Luka ferry online at krilo.hr site or at the ticket office in Pomena port on Mljet
- You can buy your tickets for G&V online at gv-line.hr site or at the ticket office 30 minutes prior to departure in Sobra and Polace port on Mljet.
Car Ferry from Mljet to Korcula island and Lumbarda
Arriving by Car:
There are no direct car ferries from Mljet island to Korcula island. To get to Lumbarda by car you will take a ferry from Sobra on Mljet to Prapatno and drive from there to Orebić via Janjina and Potomje. From Orebić you will take a car ferry from Orebić to Dominče ferry port which is three kilometres away from Lumbarda. The whole journey will take you about two and a half hours in total. See the timetable here.
Arriving by Bus:
You can also take a bus to Korčula Town from Prapratno (on Peljesac) and proceed to Lumbarda. The bus journey takes around 1 hour and gets from Prapratno (Bela Vista cafe) via Janjina and Potomje to Orebić, crossing by car ferry to Korcula island and arriving in Korčula Town bus station. Important note: From Prapratno ferry terminal to bus station it takes about 30 minutes steep walk up the hill. There is only one bus a day that goes from there to Korcula, at 4 pm. See the timetable here.
Transfer or taxi:
Several transfers and taxi options are available for arriving in Lumbarda from Mljet including taxi, minicabs, minivans and buses. All of them can pick you up in Prapratno and bring you in Lumbarda. There are also private speedboat transfers from Mljet to Lumbarda however they depend on weather conditions. Speedboat transfers should be avoided in the winter.
Arriving by Plane:
At the present, there are no flights to Korčula from Mljet. We hope it may change in the near future.
Once on the island, see how to get from Korcula town to Lumbarda