Hvar to Korcula & Lumbarda
From Hvar to Korcula Island and Lumbarda:
There are two ways you can reach Lumbarda from Hvar Island – either crossing by ferry if you are a foot passenger or, if you are coming by car crossing from Sucuraj on Hvar Island to the Croatian mainland and drive along the coast via Peljesac Bridge or Ploce, Trpanj and Orebic on Peljesac.
Once on Korcula Island, here is info on how to get to Lumbarda.
Foot Passengers from Hvar to Korcula island and Lumbarda
There are two ferry companies that operate ferries from Hvar to Korcula:
Kapetan Luka (Krilo) Ferries:
Kapetan Luka operates two ferry catamarans from Hvar to Korčula Island:
- The first ferry route runs from Hvar Town on Hvar to Korčula Town and proceeds further via Mljet to Dubrovnik.
This route operates from May to October, departing from Hvar Town daily at 18:15 and arriving in Korčula Town at 20:00.
Ticket prices are 70 HRK one way.
This route is in operation all year around.
- The second route is in operation from April to October only. It runs from Hvar town port to Korčula Town and proceeds further to Mljet and Dubrovnik
This route operates daily from April to October, departing from Hvar daily at 8:50 and arriving in Korčula Town at 09:55
Ticket prices are 90 HRK one way.
Jadrolinija ferries operate two ferry catamarans from Hvar to Korčula Island:
- The first route is a foot-passenger catamaran ferry during July and August from Hvar town port to Korčula Town.
This route operates from mid-June to mid-September, departing from Hvar Town daily at 10:30 and arriving in Korčula Town at 11:50
- The second route is also a foot-passenger catamaran ferry from Hvar town port to Korčula Town, operating also during July and August only.
A ferry departs daily from Hvar Town at 17:45 and arrives in Korčula Town at 19:00.
For both ferries, the fare is 90 HRK
Where to buy your tickets?
- You can buy your tickets for the Kapetan Luka ferry online at krilo.hr site or at the ticket office in Hvar town port.
- You can buy your tickets for Jadrolinija online at jadrolinija.hr site or at the ticket office in Hvar town port.
- It is advisable to buy tickets in advance whenever possible as these ferries get full quickly.
Car Ferry from Hvar to Korcula island and Lumbarda
Arriving by Car:
There are no direct car ferries from Hvar island to Korcula island. To get to Lumbarda by car you will have to take a ferry from Sucuraj port on Hvar to Drvenik on the mainland (see timetable) and drive from there all the way to Orebić. From Orebić you will take a car ferry from Orebić to Korcula (Dominče) ferry port which is just three kilometers away from Lumbarda. The whole journey will take you about four and half hours in total. Alternatively, you can also use Ploce to Trpanj ferry which will significantly shorten your driving time. See the timetable here.
Arriving by Bus:
You can also take a bus to Korčula Town from Drvenik (on the mainland) (previously crossing there from Sucuraj on Hvar Island)and proceed to Lumbarda. The bus journey takes around 5 hours and gets from Drvenik via Ploce to Orebić, crossing by car ferry to Korcula island and arriving in Korčula Town bus terminal. There is only one bus a day that goes from there to Korcula, at about 2 am, arriving in Korcula at 6:30 in the morning. This journey is not easy so you should use it only if other travel solutions are not available. The bus timetable is here.
Transfer or taxi:
Several transfers and taxi options are available for arriving in Lumbarda from Hvar including taxis and buses. All of them can pick you up in Drvenik and bring you to Lumbarda. There are also private speedboat transfers from Hvar to Lumbarda, however, these transfers should be avoided in the winter when the weather is not stable.
Arriving by Plane:
At the present, there are no flights to Korčula from Hvar. That may change in the future, you never know.
Once on the island, see how to get from Korcula town to Lumbarda